Thursday, April 9, 2009

Signs of Spring

Welcoming Spring By Shirley Flanagan
The swish of the window as I open it, the chirping and whistling of birds in the nearby trees, lift my spirit. It’s spring. The nesting and producing of the bird’s young ones is typical of the renewal of life the season brings.
Sandy’s jump to the window sill and his pert “meow” answering the birds, makes me smile at his enthusiasm.
I hear the roar of the cars on the adjacent highway. The humdrum way the passengers scurry off to their place of employment makes me wonder if their lives really have any meaning.
The constant popping of the coffee percolator, the hum of the refrigerator and my husband’s mournful yawn, jolt me back to the time of day. These sounds make me feel comfortable. All is right with the world: at least in my little corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment